• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on "corrugated" aluminum

The Giraffe

I have a client looking for a 60" wide version of his logo on a motor home. Any tips as to what type of vinyl to use? I'd assume a cast material that I can heat into the grooves after removing tape.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• rv.jpg
    rv.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 147

JoeBoomer

I would say 3M Controltac 180c or something similar. You could prob. even use Arlon DPF8000

Definitely get a Rolle Pro if you don't have one. I wouldn't even attempt this without one now days.

I have a client looking for a 60" wide version of his logo on a motor home. Any tips as to what type of vinyl to use? I'd assume a cast material that I can heat into the grooves after removing tape.

Thanks for the help.

Mosh

Printed oracal 3551RA with 290 laminate, done quite a few of these. Have you given him a price? I know the type and I bet they will freak on the price, even if it is $10....

joshGN

The client is thinking cut vinyl rather than printed. Is that a bad idea?

I've done it with 651 before...as long as its not a big solid pc it should be fine...

Start at the top and work down, horizontally....vertically is no go...

the rollepro is a lifesaver on this deal....

The Giraffe

Printed oracal 3551RA with 290 laminate, done quite a few of these. Have you given him a price? I know the type and I bet they will freak on the price, even if it is $10....

This is actually a location trailer for a production company. They've never complained about my prices.

They need 3 60" x 36" ovals installed. Where would you guys fall price wise for the install?