• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on glass question

mvanmeter

Hi Everyone,

We put vinyl graphics on panes of plate glass and always have a problem at the joint between adjacent panes of glass. Most often, there is silicone in the joint between the two panes of glass. The adhesive on the back of our vinyl graphics doesn't stick to the silicone.

If we "span the gap" between the two panes with the vinyl, it looks like there is a large, vertical air bubble in the graphic.

If we slit the graphic so it is only affixed to an individual pane of glass, you can see the gap in the graphic, specially if the glass is backlit because somebody has lights on in the room behind the glass window.

What do other people do in this case?

Are there some adhesives I can use on the back of my vinyl so that it will adhere to silicone?

Are there silicones that glaziers can use that will allow my vinyl to stick to them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

mortil

This is also a problem for me sometimes. i have tried some methods as i work with glass and i still dont know any good ones thats perfect. last time now i actually fitted silicone behind the sticker where the gap was in the silicone sting and for so long it looks good (1 month)