• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on Rubber?

TcfDeigns

What is the best vinyl to use on rubber? I am letter a trailer and a boat and they want there fire department name on the boat., Is it even possible? Please let me know

TcfDeigns

Assuming this is an inflatable? Is the area in which you are placing it going to see abrasion?

Yes, its a inflatable boat, They use its for water rescues. I lettered the side and the chief called me and said It was peeling off and bubbling. I am placing it on side of the boat.

We have a product, but it's a dry transfer, and can only be printed with thermal transfer. It is ready for the Gerber Edge. Solvent would kill the coating. It works great for tires and inflatables, but if it's in an area with a lot of abrasion, it will eventually get rubbed off. Do you have an Edge?

TcfDeigns

We have a product, but it's a dry transfer, and can only be printed with thermal transfer. It is ready for the Gerber Edge. Solvent would kill the coating. It works great for tires and inflatables, but if it's in an area with a lot of abrasion, it will eventually get rubbed off. Do you have an Edge?
I Do not have an Edge, But i need to do something to make the customer happy. I have a graphtec and a mimaki cjv30-130.

SignosaurusRex

You are not gonna ever get any vinyl to last on a rubber inflatable, especially the ones used by Police/Fire. 3M 680 or Gerber 280 (Reflective) will typically stick and hold up for a while if you prep the $h!† out of the rubber with lacquer thinner and allow about 10 minutes of gas-off time before installation. That is still only a short term (2-4 year depending on boat storage & care) application. There is a reason that special flexible panels are made to order and applied using only a certain type of contact adhesive made for inflatable boats. A suppler of those panels generally comes with the boat when purchased new. Beyond that, It needs to be lettered with a vinyl ink made for screen printing such as Naz-Dar GV-xxx or InkDezyne VP-xxx or MA-xxx