• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl panels on windows

COOKY

Hi guys and girls. Need some help. Been doing a lot of prints on windows. Usually about 5 metres long by 2.7 high. Have been using Avery and Arlon gtx calendared film with air release with dol3000 laminate. Prob is they are short term (6months to a year) and I'm overkilling my costs. What vinyl would you recommend with no lam that wont be too stretchy. My installer prefers to mount wet.

Thanks in advance

astro8

use 3m IJ1220 with the grey solvent adhesive or the Rijet with clear solvent adhesive with wet application...get it from Halifax Vogel. If you're applying it internally (print facing out) use the 3m IJ1220 clear with the Rijet as the white backing....we do loads of this.

COOKY

Thanks Astro. Always going on the outside. How long is taking for you to do one 1300 x2400 panel and do you find it is not too thin. What sort of cost for roll.

astro8

I don't order the stuff so I don't know exact price but probably around $280-$300 a roll, we mostly laminate 99% of everything, but the IJ1220 is pretty thick to start with, so easier to work with if print is a couple days dry, unlaminated and with wet application.

I don't install anymore so can't give you accurate times but 2 guys can really get moving installing big panels wet on glass. Big wand type spray bottles and window squeegees...faster than dry installing on walls.

Sticky Signs

I use Rite Media Econo Matt vinyl for tons of stuff. It's about 4mil thick so no need to lam or mask. It goes on real nice and easy. It's not meant for long term but I've got stuff that I installed outdoors 3 years ago look just as good as the day it went on. it's usually pretty easy to remove too.