• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Wrapping a concave wall questions.

zcreative

So I've been being sent on some large vinyl installs for my work, covering entire restaurants interiors in a concrete/marble printed texture.

Generally I've just been tacking the panels under the ceiling and applying downward (the panels are about 52x96). It's been going well however I have a job coming up where there is a small dining area that has concave rounded walls. Probably about 5 of those panels total.

Obviously tacking to the ceiling won't work because of the curve. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I should apply these?

Forty One

Make signs they said... It'll be fun they said...
We use a high tack vinyl when we do our wall prints.
And because of that, we spray the walls down with a litte soapy water.
Just enough to make sure the prin doesn't bite immediately and we can reposition as needed.
This worked a treat when I had to apply it to a curved wall.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I recently did a concave wall and was worried about going top down, I ended up trying top down and it worked fine. I used the 6mil vinyl from kapco that has a canvas texture to it. It worked beautifully. Just squeegee center out, center out and you'll be fine.