• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyls for Vehicle Lettering

Clear Choice

Do you use different vinyls for car & truck
window lettering?
Gloss or matte?
This will be customer applied to the side windows.
Should I suggest they use wet application?

I use ShineRite and Oracal 651 for banners
and signs and haven't offered vehicle lettering.

TIA - I appreciate any suggestions!

striper14

i use 651 for most signs on cars/trucks etc. Windows too
Dont try wet on glass, takes forever to dry
cheers

splizaat

I exclusively use 651 unless the application absolutely must use 751....651 is thicker and easier to work with (less bubbling) especially if the customer is putting it on

Kottwitz-Graphics

Do you use different vinyls for car & truck
window lettering? Oracal 751...I use it for everything
Gloss or matte? ???
This will be customer applied to the side windows. Explain the process, but offer to apply it for a slight upcharge. Warn them that any if they mess it up, they will be expected to pay for the next set (don't discount it!), and explain that paying you to apply would be cheaper than paying for new vinyl and installation...
Should I suggest they use wet application? Never, ever, install vinyl on a window using the wet install. Try it yourself on your own vehicle just to see what it is like...

I use ShineRite and Oracal 651 for banners
and signs and haven't offered vehicle lettering.

TIA - I appreciate any suggestions!

Oracal 751...I use it for most everything, except a few banners or yard signs here or there

Gloss or matte? ???

This will be customer applied to the side windows. Explain the process, but offer to apply it for a slight upcharge. Warn them that any if they mess it up, they will be expected to pay for the next set (don't discount it!), and explain that paying you to apply would be cheaper than paying for new vinyl and installation...

Should I suggest they use wet application? Never, ever, install vinyl on a window using the wet install. Try it yourself on your own vehicle just to see what it is like...