• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vj 1604 print is not crisp

sue

i would appreciate anyone's help on this--just recently had someone come in and do maintenance on my 2 yr old 1604---entailed a new capping station---didn't have the correct dampers with them, so didn't replace them. they did a cursory print out when finished ---i only glanced at it (didn't have my bifocals on)--big mistake....later i realized it was blurry (not my eyes)after they left. i've cleaned the encoder strip, the nozzles are all firing---any ideas?

thanks if someone can help me with this

rcboats1

Is it the same ink, material and profile that you were having success with before the work was done? Also, who was the "someone", was it someone that is a trained Mutoh repair person?

sue

yes same everything and yes they were trained and have worked on it before--they won't be back in town for another week---the alignments are off in the adjustments
and the palette test printed with double letters and pretty grainy color---any clues?

fozzyber

there is an vertical head adjustment, the lever is on the front of the head station, behind the head cover, I had to do it to mine when I first got mine, but be careful because this is not a adjustment a user typically makes. I think it is called a head skew adjustment.
the way to check if this adjustment is needed is to print a thin line each of CMYK
like this ---- each line should be of each color (CMYK) and check that they are in perfect alignment.

sue

mostly fixed

thanks for the info---i will use as a last resort---the people that did my tune up came back and took care of it---in the meantime my nozzles plugged, but i've got all but a couple back---turns out something got very
slightly moved?? when they had the head cap off and were looking at
the dampers. it seems about 98%---and i'm hopeful the rest is the
nozzle situation. thanks for the help
it seemed pretty hopeless for a while.