• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540I printing problem

BC1

we have a 4 color roland vp540I and when printing a photoshop file through versaworks in RGB white tries to print instead of beng transparent. Is there a setting to turn this off somewhere?

tdgraphics

I hope you don't mind me asking, but the image you are trying to print, does it have white surrounding it? If the surround is white, it will print white. The photoshop image needs to be on a transparent background and the image to be printed needs to be cut out so that there is only transparent area around it.

Just a thought.

Neil

Sublimefly

I've had this problem in the past and what its doing is printing a bit of black on there to make the white more of a grey then a white. The problem is in the color. Its not really white as far as your roland is concerned. Also try working in CMYK since thats what your printer is outputing as far as I know. Once I found a white that worked for me I set it as my standard white in my library. I now use the roland color system and haven't had a problem since.

Are you using Versaworks? If so, do you have the Color management set to Pre Press US, or Max Density? Set to Pre Press US and give this a try... generally works when the "white" areas come out as very light grey.