• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vs-300i Printhead install issue - strange test print pattern

DonutSlinger

Premium Subscriber
I have just completed a new printhead install in a VS-300i. I am getting a weird test print issue, see bellow image.

Can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Double checked cables, dampeners, correct orientation of printhead, headrank #. What causing this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74

DonutSlinger

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I put new cables in and this started. Double checked those then the old cables and it's still doing it. Was fine before i changed the head.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
By double checking the cables, I mean to pull them out and inspect all of the contacts on both ends and replace them making sure that they're inserted fully, and straight. This would be difficult to do in the minute that passed between your post and my first post. If you mean you've done it before then triple check it. If you've done this, and they're ok, then you've got a problem with your print head or mainboard. My bet would be the print head, if the cables all check out.

Good luck,

DonutSlinger

Premium Subscriber
Put the old head on and the test pattern looks like it should. Have verified it is the print head. Purchased from Digiprint supplies. Hopefully they accept a return or replacement.

Last edited:

damonCA21

Put the old head on and the test pattern looks like it should. Have verified it is the print head. Purchased from Digiprint supplies. Hopefully they accept a return or replacement.
Good luck with that :( Digiprint have a track record of selling bad heads lately, and they refuse to accept them back

DonutSlinger

Premium Subscriber
Yeah their support is horrible. Took three days to be told I might be able to get a refund after I send it back at my own expense( location in mexico). Then they need review it and test it, then send it to the manufacture to test it, and only then will they determine if I'm getting a refund/replacement. Meanwhile I have a printer down for a week already and probably going to be waiting another 1-2+ weeks. We are a busy shop, money lost isn't worth the wait. Never buying a head online again. Sticking with local reps only going forward.

Last edited:

damonCA21

Yep, that is their standard thing. The last time I had to return a head they said it would take 2 months for their 'technical experts' to test it. And you can guarantee they will say it is fine.

DonutSlinger

Premium Subscriber
WOW, that's unbelievable. Who can wait a week let alone 2 MONTHS! This is why I buy with credit cards on large purchases. Just need to call and have them cancel the purchase.
Didn't think twice about the purchases because I have been buying spare parts for years from them and it said it's made by ROLAND.

Local rep said they have never had a genuine Roland print head be bad. So bought that today.

damonCA21

That is another thing they do. A lot of the parts they sell as being OEM Roland aren't. They also advertise a lot of things they don't have in stock as having a 4-6 week lead time