• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wall graphics

Shadowglen

I have a customer that would like this printed cut and applied to the wall in their break room. The catch is they do not want a white background so the individual letters will need to be cut. I currently have a Roland SP540I Eco Sol and orajet 3268. I have seen on posts that the orajet 3268 has not had the best results on sticking to the wall.

Any advise on methods, material, applications anything would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• bakerboy.jpg
    bakerboy.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 179

Letterbox Mike

I would probably print/cut the image on high-performance wrap vinyl like IJ180C with matte laminate, and then do all of the text in cut Oracal 631 vinyl.

Shadowglen

Thank you for the fast response. I am starting to wonder if any of the "WALL WRAP" vinyls are any good I have been reading lots of horror stories about them falling off. Is the IJ180 easy to remove without damaging the wall? I just would like to stock something that I know will work on walls without falling off or ruining the wall when removed. I have cut miles of vinyl but am totally green to the print end of the industry. I do use a lot of 651 in the shop so that was kind of how I was leaning for the lettering.

Wraptrick

It is my preference to use IJ180 or an equivalent on most walls. I find it comes off easily most of the time, usually taking up no more than some paint.

Letterbox Mike

Thank you for the fast response. I am starting to wonder if any of the "WALL WRAP" vinyls are any good I have been reading lots of horror stories about them falling off. Is the IJ180 easy to remove without damaging the wall? I just would like to stock something that I know will work on walls without falling off or ruining the wall when removed. I have cut miles of vinyl but am totally green to the print end of the industry. I do use a lot of 651 in the shop so that was kind of how I was leaning for the lettering.

180C removes fairly well from walls for the most part. If you're doing a full-coverage wrap or mural I wouldn't use it, my preference is Phototex or true wallpaper, but for something printed/cut like this 180C works well.

For the cut stuff, don't use 651, use 631, it's meant for walls and has a matte finish.

Shadowglen

Thanks Guys this helps me a ton. I will check when the walls were painted Tim I assume this is a paint gassing out issue? What is a safe amount of time after painting to apply? Also Thanks again Mike for clarifying the 631 with me I would have used the 651 by mistake.

Any views on Concept 234 Graphic-Tex?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Concept 234 Graphi-TEX followup

Thanks Guys this helps me a ton. I will check when the walls were painted Tim I assume this is a paint gassing out issue? What is a safe amount of time after painting to apply? Also Thanks again Mike for clarifying the 631 with me I would have used the 651 by mistake.

Any views on Concept 234 Graphic-Tex?

We are a General Formulations dealer. I have a 27" x 20ft sample roll ready to ship to you. Please call me and i will get it shipped today. :rock-n-roll:

klingsdesigns

I have used ij180 and it takes the paint off when removed. I def would use 631 for the walls i use it all the time.. I have heard seramark is good for the printing wrap for the wall. Never used it though.. I have used jarhead but you have to have white around the print which i dont like.