• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want Help Hp9000s

farazshamsi

I have a HP 9000s for which I am facing some problems. It had been shut for a year and now I am trying to start it again. The problem I am facing is that two of the heads are passing ink but is not printing anything when IQ Print command is given, I have switched the heads to other position but same result.

Can anyone suggest what should I do. Also do anyone know who sell recondition/refurbished Konica heads. :thankyou:

Quix

If your printer has been inactive for so long, you could check:
1- Is ink actually flowing form dampers to printheads? Can you see any air bubbles in these lines? Are all pumps and tubings free of clogged ink?
2- Dampers or damper's tubing might be also blocked with clogged ink.
3- Printhead's noozles might be blocked. You could try to clean them dipping the printheads (only about 1/2" form the bottom) into cleaning solvent or acetone. I used to leave it soaking over night.
If checking this you get no improvement, maybe it's an electrical issue.
I hope this helps.

Last edited: