• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Warning About Your Xc 540

signs2trade

Last week I purchased my second roland xc-540 from another sign shop. The printer had been off for one year. It has less than one hour of print time on it. The owner just turned it off and let it sit. This is a big no no.
I purchased the printer for 5k hopeing for the best. Well today the tech came out and long story short I have to replace all of the print heads. Frozen solid. This is about 6 grand. Although Ill have 11k in a 27,000.00 printer this still hurts......If your not using your printer keep it turned on so it can go through its cleaning cycles....

cgsigns_jamie

Yeah ... probably not a good idea to let any printer sit for a year with no power.

I love my XC, they are truly great printers. You got yourself a heck of a deal, like you said 11k for a 27k printer. And now it should print like new with those new heads.

advsign22

I had the service tech come and flush my ink lines/heads on my SC-545 before turning the power off for storage. I hope this was the proper thing to do while I decide to sell it or not.

Flushing the lines very well with the cleaning solvent is a good thing to do if you want the printer to set unused. I would also use the head lock (blue metal flange) to lock the heads in place just in case the heads get bumped out out position.

javila

I had the service tech come and flush my ink lines/heads on my SC-545 before turning the power off for storage. I hope this was the proper thing to do while I decide to sell it or not.

That's exactly what needs to be done. If you look in the manual theres instructions on how to do it as well.