• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch printer/cutter question

heyskull

We are running our valuejet 1604 as the printer and it has a mutoh sc 1400d plotter for cutting.
We have started making a lot of MotoX graphics but the plotter is struggling with the material.
Could I use my old Graphtec Signjet Pro2 as the plotter as this cuts a lot harder and it is more than up to cutting it.
The question is how do i set it all up in Wasatch?

Thanks
SC

FatCat

Looks like the Signjet JX-2000 is supported, not sure if that will work for the Pro2.

http://www.wasatch.com/cutterlist.html

Does the Pro2 have an optical eye/reader? If not, it probably won't work.

*Setting up automatic contour cutting or importing a cut path is a breeze in Wasatch Softrip. You print the file with registration marks, or using the cutpath you created and load your material in the cutter and Wasatch does the rest. I use it all the time with my Summa and it is very easy and very accurate.

heyskull

Yes my signjet is a jx2000 but it doesn't come up on my list.
It does have an optical eye to read reg marks so it should work.
Guess I will have to contact wasatch.

SC

FatCat

For kicks, I just opened Wasatch and looked under my profiles and that cutter is not showing in mine either...I am running 6.6 which is the newest version.

Says it is supported on their site, but neither of us have it in the profiles.

Need to give them a call.

heyskull

Well i've called them.
Can you believe it but I have to upgrade!
There's a supprise...lol
$700 just to add a plotter I don't think so!!!
I have wrote my own drivers in Signlab so I may give this a go.

SC