• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch WARNING?

x2chris7x

I keep getting this warning: "Warning - Color channels in this job:5 Color channels in this device:4 This may not render properly."

I checked the file in photoshop and the file is set up in CMYK, the color channels are (1) CMYK (1) CYAN (1) MAGENTA (1) YELLOW (1) BLACK. Which is exactly the same as a sign that we printed a few days ago... saved out in the same format as well. This is a customer supplied file. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Am I over looking something??

x2chris7x

It was a flattened .tif... I was able to fix the problem, but still don't know what the problem was lol. I just copied the flatten layer from one psd and pasted into a new psd saved as a .tif with no layers, same as before, and no error message... Weird.

ryanobeirne

The original likely had an alpha channel or shape/path layer that Wasatch interpreted as another ink channel. Check the "Channels" and "Paths" palettes in Photoshop for any extraneous channels. Also, some Vector Smart Objects can contain extra stuff that can be interpreted as extra channels.