• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wassup Folks?

graphics guru

Wassup with most places low balling the s**T out of wrap quotes? I up sell everything if possible. The material/printing basically cost us all the same thing, and we all know that. Sell your skill of application and more so, ( hopefully) your skill for design and quality mobile art...i recently priced a box truck wrap. went to the clients shop. met with them. gave them some options they havent even considered...they were anxious for the designs... whipped up something. both sides were different ( you know the ole trick , double exposure from one vehicle). Emailed it. with in two minutes, reply" we got a quote for "X" dollars from another shop for the same work ( which was less of course) so i adjusted just a tad and emailed back, that my prices was what i could do, but also warned them that although i use the most common brand, that it IS A BRAND, and even that brand does:banghead: make cheaper versions of that film,,,oh and also, if he chooses to use the other company, their wrap cannot resemble our drawing remotely, due to copyright..HMM waiting on there response:notworthy:! Whats going on folks. yes i enjoy it and it was spun out of a God given talent,,,but its how i make my living...and with all the crap flowing downhill from washington nowdays...i aint working for nothing THOUGHTS

graphics guru

oh i aint new, just noticing a trend seems like. been doing 15 years worth, survived couple recessions...so must been doing something right

C

ColoPrinthead

Reminds me to be happy I'm corporate, not having to design, and that my clients are field offices. I'm still at work on a Sunday after pulling 50 hours last week though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

By giving a free proof you further devalued the trade.
Hey it's the same for signs.
I quoted $750 the customer went to the guy who charged $250.
(a sign not a wrap)
Same materials only his looks like @ss and mine would have looked great.
Love....Jill

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Manpower, machinery, methods, materials, marketing...they're the five variables every business owner works with. Use them to your advantage.

JB

"Deposit Please"

...guru....be sure to place a lid on your coffee every morning....cuz justa matter of time before you cross paths with that wrapped box truck .....with your design on it!!! :omg:

graphics guru

Well update folks. apparently good design and sticking to your guns does still hold some weight. i will be printing and installing the job in about a week...believe i will opt for a beer instead of coffee...:)