• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waxing Cast vinyl

daenterpri

We recently did some large car graphics for a company using high performance cast vinyl. They are wondering if it would be safe to wax over those vinyl graphics. Do you know?

natedawg9640

good question. I've heard of cleaner waxes degrading vinyl. we use rapid detailing spray. "Lucas" makes a good one.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Factory vinyl on cars takes it fine. I cannot see why any other vinyl woudl have a problem with wax. On printed/laminated vinyl it is even recommended. 3M does warn against carnuba based waxes though - only synthetic waxes like 3M Performance Finish, Turtle Wax Ice, etc...

MikePro

i wax my overlaminates all the time! Actually hides scuffs/scratches pretty well. although rubbing against any exposed adhesive/edges could cause lifting that won't adhere back down.

Pat Whatley

Do it all the time and I've got a fleet I lettered that has each one of their trucks waxed every two months and I've never seen any damage. If anything it's made the vinyl last longer. (all oracal 651 and 751)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think waxing is OK, just use one of the non-abrasive minute wax types.
We apply a 1 year teflon paint sealant (by hand) to ours.

Also make sure you lock the door so your wife or better half does not walk in on you while you're "waxing your vinyl"......

wayne k
guam usa