• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wet vs Dry Application

DizzyMarkus

Everything wet here-- RT2 for calendar and RT for cast--- trick is soaking the transfer and waiting a sec (wipe it in with hand)-- peels great :0)

Markus

HK Dude

If that was true, none of us would ever see an installation done by some lowballer or inexperienced hobbyist who undercut us to get a job riddled with bubbles even months or years later. It is one my biggest pet peeves about this industry in my daily travels. I can live with losing a job to a better craftsperson or superior design, but when I see a poorly designed AND poorly installed job that I provided a perfectly fair, good quality bid on, it drives me batty driving past it day after day.

Bubbles don't just mysteriously travel great distances like Free Willy to escape from under the oppression of a waterproof, mostly airtight, high adhesive material.

My biggest pet peeves too TimToad. Unfortunately it takes time for the client to understand and experience this. Live long, healthy and stay in the game. I charge these "returning clients" more there after and they are happy to pay.

If we are doing wet posting, whole surface, with a clear sticker, on a glass that gets hit by the afternoon sun, then we will use import and pre-tested material, lamination, change the squeegee's edges with very soft cloth, avoid the silicone edges, find the technician with the biggest arms, and tell the client if something happens after 2 days, I will be there, anything before that, assume that I am out of town : )

Other than that, DRY, as speed and accuracy is what i need and the bubble issue belongs to the technician (so we select technician based on the type of posting technique required)

PS: was reading the post again, and found something interesting. We call vinyl here in Hong Kong sticker (or adhesive). Vinyl (or Banner) refers to fabric type media used for billboard. The graphic refers to the artwork itself. Of course, some clients do use a different set of vocabulary. Therefore, we always ask -_-"