• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what adhesive laser cut plastic install

David Wright

Installing 1/4" plastic letters from Gemini on interior dry wall. 8" and a 18" by 27" logo piece.
What adhesive, tape or glue would work best. I have had some issues in the past but can't remember my remedy.
Didn't want to drill holes for stud mount and have letters in my possession now.

bigben

On drywall, I use 3m 4492B (that is a 30mil tape that won't destroy the drywall when removed) or 3M 4910 in 40mil if the letter are big (over 6 inches). Make sure to use a minimum of 20mil thick tape, but I recommend to go 30mil and over.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
3M Command Strips. They remove cleanly and the letters will be usable if removed and relocated later.

TEN

Options- studs or tape and silicone/adhesive. Client will end up with repairing holes in drywall from 3/16 studs or repair damage left behind by VHB tape when removed. I have seen masking tape and frog tape pull paint off of drywall when removing the mounting pattern so any method capable of supporting the acrylic is going to most likely leave damage when removed. Many walls out there have very poor adhesion of the paint to the drywall. I also like a hybrid method where minimal number of studs are used to support the vertical weight of larger acrylic along with minimal VHB to secure the acrylic to the wall.