• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What cleaner can i clean the heads with?

J

john1

Hey guys, I have ran out of cleaning liquid and i was wondering what can i buy from a normal store (walmart, walgreens etc) that i could clean my heads with.

I been using whatever Roland gave me with my machine and just ran out recently. I thought somewhere i read alcohol of some kind but can't find the thread to say if that's what i read for sure or not.

Using a EcoSol versacamm

Thanks!

J Hill Designs

short answer no nothing is available

long answer is answered by artbot in which varying quantities of butyl carbitol and butyl cellusolve are mixed to create cleaning fluid, both of which are not readably avail at walmart, walgreens, etc. but may be avail at a sherwin williams industrial center

GVP

Did you get a set of cleaning cartridges with the machine? They look like the ink cartridges but contain cleaning fluid. At a pinch you can open up one of those and use the liquid.

AUTO-FX

short answer no nothing is available

long answer is answered by artbot in which varying quantities of butyl carbitol and butyl cellusolve are mixed to create cleaning fluid, both of which are not readably avail at walmart, walgreens, etc. but may be avail at a sherwin williams industrial center

Yeah, I think Artbot has said that paint stores that sell to contractors carry the right chemicals. Sherwin W. , MAB, Pittsburgh Paints all have contractors outlets.

J

john1

Anyone know a good supplier for the Roland cleaning solution?

Beacon is who i got my printer with and they want $27 plus shipping for a 4oz bottle. For some reason i am thinking that's expensive.

Thanks!

artbot

yeah. you should be able to mix about a gallon of it for $40. at that price, you can pick up some chipless refillable carts and use the stuff like water.

MikePro

make my own stuff too! Got the chemicals from Sherwin Williams until I realized that D.W. Davies can get me it even cheaper AND they're right up the street from me!

and its butyl carbitol/cellusolve mixed with a hint of acetone.
i use a 5-1 ratio, 6-1 has been referenced on these forums plenty of times.
(thanks again to artbot for the valuable info. has saved me plenty of headache and $$$ over the past year)