• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you think of this kickstarter item?

DirtyD

they are for hobbyists, they are not industrial machines but they can do just about anything the industrial machines do just slower.. My Shapeoko 2 is a hobby cnc and I cut ACM, PVC, Foam, all the time cuts nice and with precision.. They are a great way to "Learn" the mechanics and software before going into industrial machines.

I am expanding my shapeoko to 5 x 8 as we speak and will work great for the aforementioned substrates as well as acrylics for engraving, FCO and the like.. I will attach a drag knife to be able to cut like that as well.. Like I said a great way to get into it without spending a fortune then learning how to do it.

Ponto

...looks pretty slick and I foresee a new forum popping up soon ... "Desk Top Carving 101"......JP

player

Dremel will have runout.

It is cool that they have so many different functions covered. CNC carving, 3D printing, foam cutting etc.
If they work or not is the crux of the biscuit.