• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what font was this made from?

iSign

It's not the "correct" font for sports authority, but it is a screen shot of a vector path created from a photo of the local sports authority sign in my town.
I am working on a bid to change out the neon for LED's, and I am preparing the bid for a national company, not my local store. part of the scope of the project is to produce a pattern for new faces to fit the old cans.

If I get the job, I would rent a boom lift & remove all the faces to trace them... quite an expensive portion of the job, but I see no other way to ensure a good fit.

Meanwhile, for the purpose of better looking presentation drawings (& possibly for comparison to my tracings as a tool in the digitizing of those drawings) I would like help remembering this font. It seems like one of those easy ones, but I've never been a font expert & this one escapes me so far.

Attachments

• FONTID2.jpg
    FONTID2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 90

iSign

It's not the "correct" font for sports authority, but it is a screen shot of a vector path created from a photo of the local sports authority sign in my town.

...part of the scope of the project is to produce a pattern for new faces to fit the old cans.

Thanks for the responses... sorry for the confusion in all those paragraphs when folks usually just say "got sports authority logo"?

I don't need the sports authority logo, the sports authority font, or the link to brandsofthworld.com ...of course I appreciate it, but I have all that already...

Please forget I ever made the mistake of mentioning "sports authority"
I want to know if anyone can determine "what font this was made from?"

Attachments

• FONTID2.jpg
    FONTID2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 59

iSign

thanks again... The Goudy fonts I had installed had an open P, but I installed a number of other Goudy versions & the heavyface is somewhat close, so I will make that work for my proposal drawings.