• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Frosted-look Vinyl Have I Been Seeing?

williaty

Many of the businesses around town have a frosted vinyl applied to glass. Some places are using it as a decorative element, some places are using it on glass partitions between meeting/waiting rooms to break up the space. I've received samples of the Oracal 8810 and 8510 frosted/etched vinyls and it isn't either of them.

The vinyl I'm looking for 1) has no color tint at all, it's dead neutral and fairly light (reads as white) and 2) is very matte with no sparkle at all (it seems to me like it's what it'd look like if you took clear vinyl and sanded it with very fine grit sandpaper) and 3) feels very smooth (not glossy, just smooth, like matte finish 641/651 vinyl)

Anyone have any idea what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
Ty

MikePro

3M 7725SE "Dusted Crystal", which looks like a lighter version of the frosting you get on a beer mug from the freezer.
also, they offer a "Frosted Crystal" that is heavy on the sparkle and looks more like etched glass. (possibly much like the Oracal 8810 samples you have)

3M also has a line called Fasara Interior Design Films with 8 different finishes, sexy stuff.