• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what fuse controls Group A?

CropMarks

Hello all.... I have a FJ-540 that has a blown fuse. After printing great for several hours group A suddenly stopped working after I switched to a different media. To test for a blown fuse, I swapped cables from M+Y and group A printed again. Since Group A is head 1+2... I checked the service manual.

THIS IS WHAT THE SERVICE MANUAL SAYS...
F1 - NO FUSE in this position
F2 12559102 MMCT 3.15A HEAD POWER FUSE(HEAD5,6)
F3 12559102 MMCT 3.15A HEAD POWER FUSE(HEAD2,4)
F4 12559102 MMCT 3.15A HEAD POWER FUSE(HEAD0,1)

My thought was change F4.... normally head numbers go from Left to Right. My left most head is Black.... next to it is Cyan.... Group A.

I changed F4... started it up... nozzle check... nothing. I know I might have just blown F4 immediately... but did I replace the right one in the first place?

Any help would be great! Thanks! - Mike.

InkjetAuction

Yes, you have it correct. On the Pro II machines, this is the head protection fuse layout...

F4 = Black and Cyan
F3 = Magenta and Yellow
F2 = Lt Cyan & Lt Magenta (or orange / green)

OK, so did you test the fuses again?

You have to ask yourself what happened to blow the fuse in the first place. I typically begin looking at the flex cables... Check the cable seating too. I know it sounds silly, but very often I find that even really experienced guys can overlook a cable that isn't properly seated... it will immediately blow the fuse.

Might have to check further down the line if the fuses are good...

Report back.

~E

CropMarks

awesome!!! somebody wrote me back! Thank you very much!

I just got a new multimeter (old one was cheap and broke) - so tomorrow I can go back and actually test the fuse. I've never messed with anything while the power cable has been plugged in. I might go and pick up 2 ribbon cables for the cyan head.

Earlier in the day (that it stopped working) I swapped a head out to see if soaking it in solvent for several weeks could help it.... it didn't. So I put the original cyan head back in (remembering to change the head ranking back too). - a couple hours later it died. Nothing should be wrong with the black head... it's brand new and has been working for a couple of months now.

thanks again... I'll write back after some more testing... miked.

CropMarks

ok... both ribbon cables going to the cyan head tested ok ... how do you test a head to see if it has a short in it?