• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is a 10 year old Roland Versacamm sp 540v worth?

player

So it won't print/cut with optics?

How many hours and shots on it?

How many shots on the heads?

How clean is it?

Was the cable replaced? Scan and feed motors?

signmeup

So it won't print/cut with optics?

How many hours and shots on it?

How many shots on the heads?

How clean is it?

Was the cable replaced? Scan and feed motors?

You have to align the print by hand after you laminate. Apparently it needs $200 to fix the issue. It has one new print head. The ribbon cable has been replaced. One motor was replaced but I don't know which. I'll find out about the print hours later today. I have had prints off this machine for years and now the guy is getting out of the biz so it's been offered to me.

Thanks for the input. I know nothing about printers.

Adrian

rjssigns

I have the exact rig. I'm thinking 5 or 6K for mine that's fully functional. Still puts money in my pocket everyday. I've been wrong before though.LOL

signmeup

I've heard these things are built like a tank and are tough as a boiled owl. Is that accurate?

What about getting parts for something this old?

Adrian

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're intent on spending, before you spend that kinda money on a machine from ?? Why don't you price out from some local dealers on refurbished models ?? They're not much more expensive, completely work, come with a small warranty and have all things replaced that need be and they probably won't be that old.

:popcorn:

signmeup

If you're intent on spending, before you spend that kinda money on a machine from ?? Why don't you price out from some local dealers on refurbished models ?? They're not much more expensive, completely work, come with a small warranty and have all things replaced that need be and they probably won't be that old.

Local dealers? What's that like? ;)

Adrian

player

Yes that machine is from 2003-ish... You can get one that is from 2012-ish for not much more...

But just like a car, the mileage is a big determining factor. A new car with really high mileage is usually worth less than an old car with really low mileage. That's why you need to find out the head shots and printing hours, which is kept track of by the machine. You may need to go into service mode to find it, not sure.