• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is ADA

confused1

Thank you. If I didn't ask now I would have gone 15 years and still not know but been to embarassed to ask. At this point in time, I don't know any better so its ok.

SignsRus

Thank you. If I didn't ask now I would have gone 15 years and still not know but been to embarassed to ask. At this point in time, I don't know any better so its ok.

The shop I currently work for does no type of ADA signage...But the last shop I came from (http://www.crownsigns.com/) was all about this stuff. Not sure on pricing for ADA signage elsewhere, BUT in NYC could make a killing.

Crown Signs did all of the New York Presbyterian hospitals though. I mean you show them a price, and they sign.

Also a lot easier to sell signs when they are required to have them.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
There is some good money in ADA signs...I was involved with a hospital project that has 2 million in mostly ADA signage...

Dave Drane

When I went to the ISA show in Las Vegas I looked at the fancy ball inserting attachment and have since found out that there is a screwdriver thing available at the cheap hardware stores for a couple of bucks. All you do is use the bullnose bit at half the size of the balls sit the litte balls in the holes and use the cheap tool to insert them??? Too simple.
I saved about $3k.

Last edited:

SignsRus

When I went to the ISA show in Las Vegas I looked at the fancy ball inserting attachment and have since found out that there is a screwdriver thing available at the cheap hardware stores for a couple of bucks. All you do is use the bullnose bit at half the size of the balls sit the litte balls in the holes and use the cheap tool to insert them??? Too simple.
I saved about $3k.

LOL

The machine that does it automatically isn't perfected yet. We used the braille pens. They are like $500. Well worth it though. If your doing braille all day everyday, it's a must have