• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best thing to use for line art?

chadk574

I currently have sign go lite. I like it. But the most I can do is letters and a few shapes. what I would like to be able to do is actual line art images. For example if I want to have mt cutter do a t-shirt. Or just a design. I am very limited with sign go lite.

signage

Do a search on vector! That is what it is called in the graphics world! There are many programs to do it and depends what you want to spend! So as stated originally use the search feature within the forum or on the web!

chadk574

Right now I have the signgo lite. I can pay $260.00 more and get the full version. Then it says I can scan images in and cut them. Is this something I should do? Or is there something better out there?

TheSellOut

Right now I have the signgo lite. I can pay $260.00 more and get the full version. Then it says I can scan images in and cut them. Is this something I should do? Or is there something better out there?

That sound pretty good to me...I don't know of any program that allows you to just scan and cut

Jackpine

For $500 you can get SignLab vinyl from H&H sign Supply for a bit less you can get Cibercut from cibersupply.com. both are merchant members here.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Vector tracing can be done with most vector editing programs. It can be done by hand or automatically. The first method will give you professional results but can be time consuming. the second method will give you amateur results but is quick.

A search on Google for "vector tracing" returns 1,850,000 results. The only problem you have with Sign Go Lite is that not many people here use it, so you won't get much in the way of support or help. Many people use Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW or any of the signmaking programs such as FlexiSign or SignLab.