• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best way to make a editable list of files on your computer?

phototec

What is the best way or how can you make a editable list (file) of files your computer using Windows 7?

I remember when I was using a Mac many moons ago, there was a simple command (something like print file), to print a list of files in a folder.

I can't figure out how to do that in Windows 7, or is there some 3rd party software that will do this?

I want to print out a list of files in my folders.

Thanks for any help (guidance) on this...

WildWestDesigns

You can do it by generating an editable batch file using Notepad, but it's rather convoluted.

If you can find a 3rd party solution that would be best. I don't know of an easy native way to do it within Win 7.

ChrisN

From the command prompt, you can use the command dir>files.txt and you will get a file named "files.txt" in the current folder, with the output of the dir command for that folder.

JJGraphics

There's a really easy solution for this. No new programs needed:

Highlight all the files, hold down shift and right click over them. Choose "copy as path" and paste into a text file.

Done.