• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the stupidest thing you did at the shop?

Pat Whatley

Doug,
It's funny you mention that. Everyone I know who flies off the handle at $50 mistakes (including me) is as calm as they can be over $1000 mistakes.

Boy... after the whole "I blew myself up" story everything else seems tame...

Aside from the occasional issue of putting the second side of a double sided sign on upside down, I can't say that I've made any huge mistakes with graphics... My best personal injury goes as follows:

I was laminating a bunch of graphics on a sled. My catch table had already lam'ed prints on it. In an effort to prevent cutting into any graphics when I cut off my leader board, I put my hand under the sled/leader board and proceeded to cut... I went through the tips of my middle and ring fingers down to the bone and had to have four stitches in each one...

Rooster

I'd have to say that forgetting to unplug the printer when changing a print head and blowing the main board was a pretty big one for me.

No scars from it though, except in the pocket book.

schramm

Assumed that this machine came on casters like any other machine We have ever received (see attached) and it would be able to be pushed into place.

What a detail overlooked....

8 hours later, 2 forklifts, 6 dolley's and 4 auto jacks we got it in and placed....

That was a fun experience...

Damn, that is quite the machine!

sjm

At around $300K it's worth its weight in gold.

Parther and I working late one night, drove a fork lift off the ramp. At the time it was funny ... now as we look back it was stupid.