• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What numbskulls approve these layouts?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I have a sneaky hunch they also have a "RES55CUE", a "LAD11DER" and an "AMBU22LANCE".

And perhaps even a "CHI15EF's" car.

JB

Screenshot_20-6-2024_9111_mail.yahoo.com.jpeg

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
yep. I do work for a fire department related company and they do this all the time... ENG 24 INE and many others. I wonder if this is a traditional design that has some history with older fire trucks
I tried to do some (quick) research on why... I couldn't find anything really. So I'm going to guess they did this to clearly separate the number of the station from the vehicle number? Just a guess.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I was thinking they are in a radio contest to win it. Last one standing without removing their hand wins. But you may be right.... they do look like they are praying, or blessing it.
Yes, it was a blessing ceremony.

JB

Ryze Signs

Just had this conversation this morning with my designer about an awful print using customer supplied artwork. Sometimes the customer likes ugly things.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think it is the English spelling of Norwegian 'TANNTEKNIKER' for "ugly green truck", or "dental technician". Google Translate got confused, so I am not sure.