• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Roland would buy if you where opening a new shop.

niksagkram

Have you looked at Rolands new VG series? It has a new ink called TrueVIS. 1 hour dry time, the stuff is basically scratch proof and the colours are super vibrant. I printed an orange the other day and I couldn't believe how bright it was and orange has always been a difficult colour to hit for large format printers. Blows ecosolMAX out of the water IMHO.

I hear ya on the orange. When you say it is bright, how does it compare to cut vinyl, say 3M Bright Orange? The reason I ask is, I am printing a job right now, that the color specs call for 3M bright orange, but the client has compromised with what I can print for him. We are in the process of buying a new printer too, but are undecided between the XR640 and the VG640. Which colour configuration did you choose?

Thanks,

Mark

player

Not it sure what this comment was even about but ok? Is ok a good reply to the comment?

When there is a rude forum member you can click ignore and then none of their posts show up. That is what I did with the rude fellow in this thread some time ago and things are so much nicer here without the troll.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When there is a rude forum member you can click ignore and then none of their posts show up. That is what I did with the rude fellow in this thread some time ago and things are so much nicer here without the troll.

Hahahahaaaa....... that's funny. Does that mean his quotes are hidden from you, too ?? Like when I put his post into my post as a quote, can you see that ?? This could be very interesting, Sherman.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Is this possibly because there are 1000x more solvent/Eco-Solvent printers out there?

Lol that's actually a pretty valid point. There are more solvent machines out there for sure but HP has been placed in the #1 and #3 ranking machine placement in the industry now so they are catching up but yes I understand your point. The issues you get with solvent are different then in Latex, things like Banding and dry times are not issues with Latex, but Latex also has seen some issues you wouldn't get in solvent.

altereddezignz

We went with a new Epson S80600 and it is AMAZING to say the least. The colors are among the best i have ever seen. Even straight out of the box it is amazing... There where way to many post and even dealers telling me about issues with the 640's take up system out past 30-40 ft and i really can not have that. Mix that with the dedicated red and orange and this thing is killer. to say the least..

peavey123

Great to hear Altereddezignz, I have zero experience with epsons but it seems like they are really improving their printers lately. Which is good to have healthy competition, not just mainly Roland and HP.

Triggerhappy

You keep pointing out, that you do not need the printer-cutter fucntion, yet you are looking at the flagship of printer-cutters, the XR-640. It's not logical. Yes, they have Lk, Lc and Lm but at the end of the day what you need to ask yourself is how much do you need to print: if it's less than 500 m2/month, you need to buy an RF-640. If production needs go higher you can upgrade or buy a second one. If more than 500m2/month, the EJ-640 is your best bet, ink is cheaper for this model. Maintanance costs are higher than the costs of the RF. Hope this helps..