• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What settings to get quality prints on VS-540?

biggmann

We recently upgraded to the new Roland VS-540 printer and cannot get a good print when we use the Avery 1005EZ media. I have been in contact with Avery and Proveer about this and they dont know what else to try. We have the latest profile from Avery and tried both sign and display as well as max impact and the blacks seem washed out. I also tried all the profiles in versaworks and the only one that worked for blacks was Generic vinyl 3 sign and display but any other color is off. Has anyone else had any success with this film or know of any other settings to adjust to get a good print.

2B

we have some VS-640, no issues on black.

Oracal is the vinyl we use and the generic profiles always produce quality prints.
Know the designer has a few custom profile but not for day-to-day use

mpn

Under the quality tab where you hit max impact try selecting "preserve primary color" box after selecting max impact

divers2deep

If you designed the graphic, go back and use the roland versawork color swatch. 100% black is BK21A, I had a similar issue. Black was looking very grey. I only use the versaworks swatches for black or large area colors in my designs.

Hope that helps a little.

We recently upgraded to the new Roland VS-540 printer and cannot get a good print when we use the Avery 1005EZ media. I have been in contact with Avery and Proveer about this and they dont know what else to try. We have the latest profile from Avery and tried both sign and display as well as max impact and the blacks seem washed out. I also tried all the profiles in versaworks and the only one that worked for blacks was Generic vinyl 3 sign and display but any other color is off. Has anyone else had any success with this film or know of any other settings to adjust to get a good print.