• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to buy: Mimaki CJV300 or Epson S30600

Which machine would you buy?

• Mimaki CJV300 - 8500USD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epson S30600 - 4000USD

• Other (Brand new)

• Total voters

martineli

Hello,

We're very small printshop and currently we own two machines: Mutoh 1604 and Mutoh 1638X. Mothly we print arround 1000m2 of media, but this number tends to increase. We print at very low prices for advertising agencies who care mostly for the price (no so much for the perfect qualiity). As we decided to open another printshop where we will move part of our production (because we want to free us some time for meeting clients and installation of already printed media) we need to buy one more machine. We have very good service technician who services our machines. Currently he has refurbished (with new heads) 3 machines which he offers to us: Mimaki CJV300 (refill system), Epson S30600 (refill system) and Epson S40600 (no refill, only original ink). Of course we have the opportunity to buy new HP latex, Epson S40 or maybe Mutoh 1682SR Pro. We want the machine to be reliable, with low ink cost and to be as fast as possible with sellable production quality (we want no banding).

What would you advice us?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
CJV is a bit of a fossil these days and cut/print units are dog slow. If going for new, probably much better off going for the CJV330 instead. Still, I would highly recommend a standalone vinyl cutter if doing serious volume of cutting.

martineli

We do small amounts of cutting so the cutter is not a must.
We have old Mutoh Kona 1650 which is OK for our volume.
For now the CJV330 is out of our price range (as well as Epson S60600, S80600).

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Only thing I can offer is if you already have two Mutoh machines than a third will be the easiest to add to the mix and run with right away since everything will already be familiar and can probably use the same inks as the other two as well.

martineli

We have no problem running different machines.
The question is which machine will be the best choice regrding to speed, quality and reliability.