• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what type of application tape are you using?

spudcity

I have been using TransferRite 1310 (the plastic-based tape) for years now and was just wondering what everyone has been using? I haven't had any real problems with it, other than the last 1/2 on the roll is pretty much impossible to get off and I end up wasting it. I'm always open for suggestions to try something different. I just bought a roll of the R-Tape version of the 1310 and it comes off the roll better, but it has a ton of static!!

I'm about 50/50 between print/lams on 3M cast and Oracal 751. 90% of my installs are on riveted trailers.

Any thoughts on what is the best application tape?

tsgstl

Main tape perfect tear
Perfect price, tack, never wrinkles and the ends are always in good shape so it won't tear and run

showcase 66

I use Rtape 4075 RLA pretty much exclusively. Never liked Main tape but I think that has come from having old rolls of it. Seems like the adhesive would get really tacky and gummy.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Pretty much whatever except for digital print. On that we keep 48" and 54" rolls of 4075RLA.

visual800

layflat tape from grimco. transferite seemed to start sticking to roll and tearing and we just got tired of it

qmr55

Perfectear by Main Tape. Since I started using it from Fellers I haven't used anything else!