• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what type of vinyl can I get to keep the bubbles to a minumum when installing them

scootinbob

I have a 24" plotter and I use oracal 751 vinyl and use them on vehicles. The problem is I get bubbles on the bigger artwork from time to time and I wondered if there was some other vinyl that would be better for installing on vehicles. I started using orocal 651 vinyl and I never got any bubbles but the uv life is only about 6yrs.
If you can suggest some other types of vinyl it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Bob

CentralSigns

use more squeegee pressure or even pressure. Your fingers should hurt because of the pressure. The only other thing is maybe you are holding it on a back angle, they must be turned like a plow blade across the vinyl always pushing the air over and away. hope that helps, otherwise just need lots of practice.

scootinbob

I push firmly on the tape and start form one end and go to the other,plus I always clean the surface with a microfiber cloth to ensure there isnt any dust on th e surface of the paint. I just keep getting these little bubbles from time to time. I dont use any rapid tac when instaling them either. Just when Im using big solid pictures cut out in vinyl which is between 12" to 24" wide I worry about the bubbles.