• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what would be an 80% opaque window film?

gabagoo

This naturally is a specified material by an architect....anybody know if there is such a product and is it frosted, window tint or white difuser? I am without a clue at this point... lol

andy

The only thing I can think of is something from the Hexis book... there is a section for commercial window films.

We've just used some of this stuff on our building and it's a dream to use... sadly the only thing we were interested in was keeping the heat out so the only numbers I paid any attention to were solar reflection... the stuff we used was 79%. I do remember a load of other percentages for visible this and blocking that but I can't remember what they were.... sorry.

If it's a strict percentage of frosting I do know Hexis have a range of different levels of frosting.. metamark also rings a bell for some reason. Given they want precisely 80% it might be better to ring round suppliers for some samples and then get the architect to pick one... throw the ball back in their court so to speak.

heyskull

You will have to ask some questions, like is this frost or tint, is it 80% like coming through or is it blocking 80% of light.
Architects like designers are full of bulls**t like this and to be quiet honest 80% of the time they haven't an idea what they have specified, they just think it sounds clever!
I would ask from what supplier the specifications they require are from. I bet you they don't know!!!!

SC

btropical.com

Window tint opaque looking in during the day only ///////////no night time privacy , opaque all the time is a frost that will dull visability all the time . try Sydlan dist 800 356 3456

CanuckSigns

You will have to ask some questions, like is this frost or tint, is it 80% like coming through or is it blocking 80% of light.
Architects like designers are full of bulls**t like this and to be quiet honest 80% of the time they haven't an idea what they have specified, they just think it sounds clever!
I would ask from what supplier the specifications they require are from. I bet you they don't know!!!!

SC

:goodpost:
we have found that architects spec whatever products were in use at the time they started their careers, so if your architect has been doing this for 40 years, expect him to use terms, brands and products from 40 years ago.

your best bet is to contact them and find out.