• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what would u charge for digitally printed heat transfer?

signwizz

i have a customer who is bringing me 50 shirts to print its multi color and 12"x12" and cant screenprint told him $10 a shirt and he was like WOW!!! Am i way off, if not this market seems impossible to make any money in unless u screenprint.I might do $7 a shirt because there are 50 pcs but that seems cheap! any input would be appreciated

tattoo.dan

Can't really compete unless you screen print...plus most printed heat transfers are junk...and even if you do screen print then the prices are so low it isn't hardly worth your time either...

how many color is it? Customer can probably get em done for about half or less than half of what you quoted depending on the color....

CP Signs

Guess we are lucky. We charge 12 - 15 for 1 colour, 20 if we supply the shirt. And more for full colour. And we do lots.

JERHEMI

Guess we are lucky. We charge 12 - 15 for 1 colour, 20 if we supply the shirt. And more for full colour. And we do lots.

What heat transfer materials are you using? I can't find materials that are thin enough that don't feel like a patch on a t-shirt.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd print the transfers at that price but the shirts in application would add to the price. We use Siser Colorprint PU which is very thin at 70 microns. Some of the older heat transfer materials many are used to and think of were over double that at 150+ microns thick. HT materials have come a long way in the past couple of years. The newest generation of the polyurethane materials are much thinner and last a lot longer. Still going to be bit stiff on a solid large piece. When possible we make them with as much cut out in the middle as possible but that is not always an option of course. Then again, if it's a many many color design and fully filled area many layers of screen ink can feel every bit as stiff. Next best options are DTG or dye sub.

401Graphics

That sounds about right. I just did 21 shirts wholesale front and back for $10 each.
I also use colorprintPU, cant beat the quality of it. Got 4 rolls of it for a fraction of what it costs retail thanks to signwarehouses website price screw up ;) Too bad they fixed it. Should have got more when i had the chance.

BSL Graphix

how is signwarehouse's enduratex darkjet solvent compare to siser colorprint PU? I noticed it's advertised as thinner 1.9 mil compared to 2.75 mil, seems to be cheaper, and available in 24"??

401Graphics

how is signwarehouse's enduratex darkjet solvent compare to siser colorprint PU? I noticed it's advertised as thinner 1.9 mil compared to 2.75 mil, seems to be cheaper, and available in 24"??
Crap! It falls apart after 10-20 washes. I used it a lot before i got the colorprintPU. Never going back.

phototec

That sounds about right. I just did 21 shirts wholesale front and back for $10 each.
I also use colorprintPU, cant beat the quality of it. Got 4 rolls of it for a fraction of what it costs retail thanks to signwarehouses website price screw up ;) Too bad they fixed it. Should have got more when i had the chance.

What finish do you use: matte?

401Graphics

Also wanted to mention, Dont buy their colormask (transfer tape) that they recommend to use with colorprintPU. Its over priced, and isnt tacky enough for the colorprintPU to transfer to flawlessly. Use cheap standard high tack paper transfer tape. :thumb:

Jackpine

I would print cut and apply for $5 to $7 each. $5 for light color shirt $7 for dark. Light transfer reverse print and apply. Dark you have to mess with the transfer application tape.

klingsdesigns

I use color print pu and would never charge less than $10. 401 What do you mean you use paper mask high tack.. like stuff you would premask oracal 651? I have had problems with their mask. I see they came out with another kind of mask they recommend.

401Graphics

I use color print pu and would never charge less than $10. 401 What do you mean you use paper mask high tack.. like stuff you would premask oracal 651? I have had problems with their mask. I see they came out with another kind of mask they recommend.
Yup, same stuff you would use on regular vinyl. Works great!

401Graphics

Interesting.. It doesn't burn or adhesive doesn't stick to the pu? do you still peel hot?
No burning at all. I haven't tried peeling hot, i would assume if you peeled hot the adhesive from the transfer tape would be a gooey mess. I've always peeled cold, and never had any adhesive left behind.
I usually just press all the shirts and pile them up as I go. when i'm done pressing I peel off all the transfer tape on the shirts.

klingsdesigns

Just tried it with 4075 rla worked perfect.. for getting it off the liner.. still havent tried to press with.. thanks for the good tip!