• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do? Hand drawn sketch to custom clipart

Gino

Premium Subscriber
About 6 minutes.............

Attachments

• tree topper.jpg
    tree topper.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 123

GoodPeopleFlags

Well, the customer decided that he doesn't need custom, original artwork after he heard the price (which was a very fair price!). I kinda expected that. Fun thread, tho!
:toasting:

Craig Sjoquist

geez you people... ya get so wrapped up in perfection, and prices end up way more then expected, well I know it is hugely well worth it BUT.

What the customer sent was FINE looked like a children's work yup it is not the best indeed...but so what it does look enjoyable and understandable you could tighten it yes if your not spending to much on it.

I would add the copy in a font or bold up copy a bit and leave it alone. boom bam sold, print, collect.

MikePro

Gino, that's GREAT!
honestly, i think that picture does the safety sticker more justice than a serious vectored illustration. Add text, print it, and go!
p.s.
I vectorized the ladder in my avatar, if that helps :)
can send you my .eps file.

TheSnowman

Sounds about right...everyone wants something totally custom, until they realize that they have to pay someone for their time...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Well, as gino has found .. you can get some decent stock art, throw it through the posterize process to get it roughly to either a silhouette or have some features (like details in clothes.) then just vector and done. really it should only take about 30-40 minutes to lay something out if you get a photo that looks halfway decent ... plus I doubt they will be using this ALL the time and just need something that looks good and gets the point across, clip art it, or stock art it.

TammieH

This has been an on going problem in the sign business forever, people think they can get free design work in lieu of going to a design firm. Just a thought...couldn't you design using international symbols?

Jillbeans

I thought of the dad letting one rip too as soon as I saw the sketch.
It would be easy to draw something up.
Love...Jill

SignManiac

I don't have time to read thru previous post, but I would be glad to refine the concept into finished usable art for $800.00

Just let me know when you're ready.