• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whatcha think?

T

TonyC

Here is my first attempt at a "logo." We changed our name after merging several companies together 3 years ago and I am just now getting around to designing a logo. We are a "hammer and chisel" type company where we mostly perform outdoor sign work. Our smaller signs and banners are mostly for industrial businesses and do not require much in the way of designing. What, when, where and how is the majority of what our customers desire on signs. With this being said, this is an attempt at a design and I would appreciate your critique. I have probably broken about every rule for designing but I would like to know if I am at least on the correct path. Thank You, Tony

Attachments

• logo test.png
    logo test.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 172

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Positiver and negative space used well. Colors blend good together. Not overly crowded with too many words. Nice flow. No frilly icons being used.
Yep, this is definitely a one of a kind. :thumb:

sardocs

I think, if as you said most of your clients are "industrial", then maybe your logo might want to look somewhat industrial also.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Other than it's a typographical collision at sea, it's OK if you like that sort of thing.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You need to do some research on what kind of look you are looking for.

As far is what you designed, I want to be constructive but the only I can say is admire you posting this as it is.

I would do some research, get a visual language together (shape, color, type, illustration, etc) and start coming up with concepts.

By the way, is that shape a directors/photographers hand frame?
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Director/11.5/Beginners/images/hand-to-hand-final.png

T

TonyC

The "hands" are sign language for sign "billboard type sign" more accurately.

I do hate to admit that this is after going several different directions and revisions.

T

TonyC

UPDATED Layouts

Okay, I've made some changes and included a couple previous attempts in another direction. I really like the "hands." Any ideas on another way to incorporate the idea? Are the colors better? Thanks for the previous critiques. (Pretty close to what I expected.) Thank You, Tony

Attachments

• logo test.jpg
    logo test.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 147

peavey123

Those are hands? oh geez. I thought they were ovaries...and they represent how you give birth to awesome signs.

slappy

is that a secret hand gesture in there??

Attachments

• whatever.jpg
    whatever.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg
    514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 84