• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's causing this color issue?

GoodPeopleFlags

What's causing the burgundy to print like this? It should all be the same color on the outside perimeter. I'm assuming the shadow has something to do with it? Any suggestions on how to get it to print correctly?

The correct burgundy is PMS 195. It shows correct on the screen. I have an Epson GS6000, designing in Illy and the RIP is ColorBurst.

If I have to take the shadow off, I can, but I'd like to keep it if possible.

Thanks!

Attachments

• BurgundyPrintWrong.jpg
    BurgundyPrintWrong.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 69

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What's causing the burgundy to print like this? It should all be the same color on the outside perimeter. I'm assuming the shadow has something to do with it? Any suggestions on how to get it to print correctly?

The correct burgundy is PMS 195. It shows correct on the screen. I have an Epson GS6000, designing in Illy and the RIP is ColorBurst.

If I have to take the shadow off, I can, but I'd like to keep it if possible.

Thanks!

What you're seeing is the bounding rectangle of the drop shadow.You see this a lot, especially in Corel, when you have separate objects for the drop shadow and whatever lies beneath it..

In order to get rid of it, consolidate the drop shadow and the background into a single object, most likely a bitmap.