• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

whats causing this?

Signed Out

had drop out on the first pic and there was a piece of dust on the magent head so I broke out the swabs and cleaning solution and clean the heads cap stations and wipers and reprinted and all was good 5 mins later I printed the second pic and it started out fine then it started banding and getting fuzzy edges so I checked for dust again and there wasn't any... what is going on here, do I need to clean the encoder strip? it's a xj540 and its 1.5 years old.

Signed Out

forgot to hit upload

Attachments

• IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0505.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0506.jpg
    IMAG0506.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 50

Signed Out

the 2nd pic is not very good but it started to get fine banding in both the red and blue but in the red the were a few thin black stripes and in the white(unprinted) are some fine lines of red... looks kind of like a piece of hair was being dragged by the carriage or something... any thoughts? Also at the begining of the print it was printing mint then progressively started getting worse.

Charlie J

You'll get more out of a manual clean. But really get in there with some swabs. Replace the wipers. Replace the "wiper-wiper". Clean the metal thingy that sits over the wipers. Clean around the cap tops.