• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats reasonable?

p3

I'm trying to get a feel of average install pay for doing wraps... I know it is going to be all over the board, but I'm in northern California. I just think that I'm going to be making pennies compared to what I normally would. Its for the company I work for, that used to buy stickers/banners and everything from me, then they went and bought their own printer/laminator/cutter and now do the stuff in house. Now I will be lumped under my hourly pay to design/print/install the wrap. The design and stuff I have no problem doing at the hourly pay considering I was hired on as a graphic designer. But now I feel like my trade of the vinyl and installation is being belittled by lumping it in to my every day job, when its not what I was hired on to do.

Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Are you only saying this because you know how much they are making off the wraps or do you want to tell them you are doing the work of 2 completey separate positions...in which case you know what you were worth do do graphic design per hour. But if they want to change your "Job Description" you need to tell them what you are worth if they want you to be a "wrap installer". Don't get jerked around. You can just as easily get a loan for $30K and start your own wrap shop...oops!

p3

Thats the thing. I have all my equipment and do vinyl on my own. the company I work for isn't a wrap shop, but a hobby shop. they purchased the printer to do their battery labels, banners and many other things that they were subbing out to different companies, mine included. I was doing all their battery labels with my own equipment before they purchased their own and cut me out.