• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats the best vinyl for car windows

Brandon708

i use Oracal 651. Never in 10 years had a issue with it. I use it for just about everything not just windows.

Kemble

651 here too

Car windows, car body, store front windows, doors (wood and metal), chloroplast signs, banners, wood, mailboxes, phones, gaming consoles, computer cases, tv's, painball guns, roller skates, clothes for halloween costume, coffee cups, laptops, boats...

and many other things, these were just a few that came to mind that I have used 651 on.

AUTO-FX

651 is really good stuff - use it most of the time, but i would use HP vinyl where somebody might REALLY care. and 651 metallics arent very durable - use HP for that too.

Mark S. Adams

Oracal 651 for the more cost conscious customers and for any temporary signs that we do. Oracal 751/851/951 for customers that want the best product & life out of their signs.

J

john1

Any known brand 6 year vinyl is perfectly fine for car windows. Hell i use 6 year vinyl such as 651 for store fronts and vehicle lettering mostly.

I have 6 year vinyl out there right now on a tow truck i did 4 years ago for example, looks good as new. No fading or anything.

If the lettering job cost $300, and lasts 4 years that's only $75 per year for advertising for the company. So not worth using cast unless it's a wrap. 651 is very universal.