• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your preference for window perf?

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
I use window perf VERY rarely in my shop usually. However, the call for jobs needing it has gotten a little more regular (which is to say I STILL don't really use much).

I've got a job that's TWO storefront windows and I've printed each window 3 times at least. The material (NO clue where my manager ordered it) is shit. it bubbles up in my HP 365 EVERY time without intensive manual manipulation.

So, I'd like some of your guys recommendations for your preference when it comes to window perf? Just looking for some starting points to look at and order and tell my employee he's an idiot lol he's being a cheap skate with MY money and I keep telling him to knock it off. Ass ache's worth a lot and this is costing me SO MUCH ass ache. Put up your faves if you don't mind. Thanks!

Albert Cyrus

By bubbling up, do you mean wrinkling or lifting off the liner during printing?

We use cheap window perf. I'm not familiar with latex printing, but with solvent printing, we have to turn the heat way down whenever we print on window perf. Doesn't really matter which cheap brand, they all wrinkle and lift off the liner if the heat is too high. Better quality stuff like Orajet 3675/3676 might be different - haven't used it recently enough to remember.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I use window perf VERY rarely in my shop usually. However, the call for jobs needing it has gotten a little more regular (which is to say I STILL don't really use much).

I've got a job that's TWO storefront windows and I've printed each window 3 times at least. The material (NO clue where my manager ordered it) is shit. it bubbles up in my HP 365 EVERY time without intensive manual manipulation.

So, I'd like some of your guys recommendations for your preference when it comes to window perf? Just looking for some starting points to look at and order and tell my employee he's an idiot lol he's being a cheap skate with MY money and I keep telling him to knock it off. Ass ache's worth a lot and this is costing me SO MUCH ass ache. Put up your faves if you don't mind. Thanks!
I've got a warehouse full of Continental Panorama One perf which has performed fine with the other latex shops I have out there...and we are 30 minutes from your shop. Great pricing, too. 54"x164' rolls are under $400....most other suppliers are charging that much for only 100 feet.

Precision

Turn the heat way down. I've seen ICC profiles with the heat at 220. We turn it down low enough to allow the ink to dry. About 180.

Pastie

Newb
I have an hp360. I have the vac set to 66 and heat at 221. I get no bubble up in the print process nor head strikes. I use 80/20 cheap ass perf. I have printed 8 rolls the last 4 weeks.

We also having similar issues where we print them on UV ink right now, but customer says it's not black enough compare to what we used to print with eco solvent ink, yall ever experience that and how to deal with it? Btw we bought our material for $199 for 54x150', quality is ok.

Bxtr

We also having similar issues where we print them on UV ink right now, but customer says it's not black enough compare to what we used to print with eco solvent ink, yall ever experience that and how to deal with it? Btw we bought our material for $199 for 54x150', quality is ok.
Are you printing your black as a build? We always print black as C - 50, M - 50 , Y - 50, K - 100 Otherwise our blacks look washed out.

Are you printing your black as a build? We always print black as C - 50, M - 50 , Y - 50, K - 100 Otherwise our blacks look washed out.
We will try that, we tried RGB all black, CMYK 60-40-40-100, and CMYK all black, the results seems the same on our printer.