• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When ThermalTake + BMW design a computer case

GK

Level 10

It's been in the works for quite some time now, it comes with a ridiculous $800+ MSRP and weighs 50lbs (empty). Its certainly well designed, looks like it its function is equal to its form (if it really does what it says at least) but I cannot see how the price is justifiable to the average consumer...even the one who spends a ton on gaming hardware. Looks like it will cater to the ad agency/industrial design/architect firms.

choucove

This computer case has brought about a lot of talk recently. While the idea behind it is quite unique and, in fact, a perfect direction for high-class styled cases (have one engineered and designed by an auto manufacturer or similar industrial designers) I can't see it making a real impact. Why? The cost. Sure it may be great to say "A computer case designed by BMW", but because of its price these cases will be much like a BMW: Not in very many people's homes.

I've seen several custom-designed and custom-built computer cases that have a lot of wonderful style to them. I would rather pay for them than one of these Level 10 cases, but that is just my personal preference. In the end, though, let's face it. The overwhelming greater majority would rather put that $800 into the computer components that will actually make a performance difference.

cptcorn

adad
Level 10

It's been in the works for quite some time now, it comes with a ridiculous $800+ MSRP and weighs 50lbs (empty). Its certainly well designed, looks like it its function is equal to its form (if it really does what it says at least) but I cannot see how the price is justifiable to the average consumer...even the one who spends a ton on gaming hardware. Looks like it will cater to the ad agency/industrial design/architect firms.

It cannot be justifiable to the average consumer because the case itself is not made for the average consumer. It was designed for a specific yet broad demographic. It's their niche product, they nailed it, and it will sell to it's targeted audience.