• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When wrapping a large RV/Bus

abadsvt

I had a customer call me yesterday about wrapping there rv/bus. Its approx 39' long x 12.5' tall and wants a full wrap. I have never wrapped anything this large. The largest i wrapped was a 25' long x 8' tall trailer (528sqft). This rv/bus would be about 1187.5sqft and I am a little unsure on how to price this job. Would you normally give a discount on the per sqft price beause of the amount of sqft or price it normal? Thanks

Mosh

More material more money! Does your ink and media cost less if you use more? NO! Do you have a facility to do it in? Can you handle this big of job? Sometimes it is better to walk away than take a job you can't handle.

johnnysigns

Bus wraps are terribly competitive. I wouldn't doubt someone would knock that out for $4k and change depending on the model/age and complexity of the bus.

kylebrk

I had a customer call me yesterday about wrapping there rv/bus. Its approx 39' long x 12.5' tall and wants a full wrap. I have never wrapped anything this large. The largest i wrapped was a 25' long x 8' tall trailer (528sqft). This rv/bus would be about 1187.5sqft and I am a little unsure on how to price this job. Would you normally give a discount on the per sqft price beause of the amount of sqft or price it normal? Thanks

How busy are you? How comfortable with the job are you?

If you're dead slow, give them incentive to do it. If you're slammed, charge 10% more than normal.

Im booked through middle of February. Nobody is getting a break in price from me right now. However, if we were dead, I'd be getting work in here whatever way possible, minus losing money....(that's a given right?)

If you aren't comfortable wrapping something this big...walk away. Your relationship with that customer will be better off in the long run...