• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to buy the brown tension rubber bands for R/S laminator reels

TimToad

Does anybody know of a workaround or substitute material for those brown rubber cords that come on the reels on Royal Sovereign laminators?

I tried my local building supply joints looking for something similar and even tore apart some bungee cords thinking it might be similar material.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
They remind me of the silicone tube/hose often found on cheap sunglasses as a neck strap. Might be worth trying to hunt some down to test with.

TimToad

You mean surgical tubing, like what I use on my wrist rocket?
These are a solid rubber like material, I suppose tubing could work if its the right diameter.

Attachments

• Rubber tube.jpg
    Rubber tube.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 359

Baz

Contact your supplier and they can contact Royal Sovereign. I once had to replace the felt washer that is part of the take-up reel tension system. Went that route and had no problem.

iprint

If I remember correctly we had cut up an old orange extension cord to fix ours years ago. Haven't used that laminator in years, so I may be mistaken.

dale911

President
Call royal sovereign directly. I ordered about 10 of them at once previously and they weren’t expensive. They will sell parts directly to you and don’t give you a runaround. I stopped by and talked to a rep at isa a few years ago about media not pulling evenly and he told me they have a tension gauge and to call them to order one. It cost me $60 for the gauge and works great. It’s pretty basic through. It’s basically a fish scale with a piece of angle aluminum riveted to it. You then attach a piece of strip aluminum that had a hook riveted to it to attach to the hook on the scale. Feed the aluminum into the rollers and hold the scale flat on the table and it tells you exactly how much tension there is. Their guys are great at stuff like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk