• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where to send suggestions about versa?

anax

Does anyone knows any feedback or sth with possibility of sending suggestions with new features for Versa to Roland?
well I would like to see in neXt geneation of Versa:
-square meter counter in print area
f.ex now I have 985x7200 mm, and it would be nice to see 7.092 sq.meter next to it in job properties- it helps counting specially when client pays for printed area.
-under "ink consumption" could be found "estimated time of printing". We can see it when we are choosing quality, but after closing this I don't remember how long it will take. I know that it's not very precise but it's not so bad neither:)
-and when printing- we can see percentage of printing- maybe it's possible to add also minutes? It would be useful.

In general, I think that more info we have, more happy we are specially if this info is useful:)

regards
Anax
VP540

Gene@mpls

3.2.2- I just upgraded a week ago after dragging my feet for a while- have
had no problems- no crashes yet, but that was sporatic anyway- would work
for days and then crash 5 times in a day. I too would like to see a way that
we could give feedback on every program- I would think it would be a good
thing for the company also.

Call your local Roland Dealer - We offer suggestions to Roland at the Dealer's Seminars, Training events, and direct to our Roland Representatives.

anax

well when you double click on your file for printing in queue A, job settings will open, go to quality, and in print quality f.ex for vinyl you have possible quality settings:high quality, standard, high speed, and next to it there's a time in minutes. I like to see this time also after closing job settings

Anax

You will need to update to 3.2.2 on your versaworks to view the time and ink consumption. The time is located by the quality setting, the ink consumption is calculated after the rip (most accurate) and shows at the bottom of your normal screen-(You may have to decrease the size of your screen size to see the very bottom of the page)

Bill43mx

Ahhhh...thanks. I'm running 3.0.2 so that explains it. Is the general consensus that 3.2.2 is a "safe" upgrade?