• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which media profile should I try for #100 bond paper on Roland SP-540V?

Wayne Gilbert

Can anybody suggest a (supplied) media profile I can use for 100 pound bond paper? So far, all the profiles I've tried yields unacceptable ink pooling. The printer is the Roland SP-540V.

shoresigns

Can anybody suggest a (supplied) media profile I can use for 100 pound bond paper? So far, all the profiles I've tried yields unacceptable ink pooling. The printer is the Roland SP-540V.

You could just try dialing the ink limits way down. Print a series of squares from 10% to 100% of each ink colour to see where it starts pooling, then set your limits accordingly. This method may take a bit of trial and error but we actually did the same thing when we tried printing on butcher paper with our Roland awhile ago.

Wayne Gilbert

dialing the ink limits down

You could just try dialing the ink limits way down. Print a series of squares from 10% to 100% of each ink colour to see where it starts pooling, then set your limits accordingly. This method may take a bit of trial and error but we actually did the same thing when we tried printing on butcher paper with our Roland awhile ago.

What is the best (easiest)?) way to dialing the ink limits down on the Roland SP-540V? Where is the option to "set your limits accordingly?" In the media profiler? Copy and create new media? Or is there an easier way to adjust only the ink limits?

player

In Versaworks on the bottom left "Settings Tab" --->"Colour Adjustment Tab" you will see a series of sliders and settings that allow colour adjustments for each print. There is also a tone curve graph button.

This will allow adjustments for each print. There is also a way to copy a Profile and save the adjustments as default for each cue (A and B). There may be a way to adjust for a custom profile.

rjssigns

IIRC we use a high speed banner mode. Don't even think about using anything other than high speed. Why? Your dot gain will be much greater with paper than with any vinyl or banner. Standard or high quality will use too much ink.

One thing I would suggest is loading your material/file then clicking on the different loaded profiles. Then look at how many minutes it takes to print for the High Speed setting. If one says 5 and the next one you click says 3 use the 3 minute setting to start.

Hopefully I've explained it well enough.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Your going to have a very difficult time running bond paper in that machine. Did someone tell you to use that material or did you just want to try it out to see if it would work?