• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which settings is best?

ams

So I had a technical question. Which of these settings are best for the highest quality prints? has anyone played with these? Thanks

Halftone: Dither / Error Diffusion (v)

Interpolation: Nearest Neighbor / Bi-Linear / Bi-Cubic

Direction: Bi-Direction / Uni-Direction

---------------------------------

Also any reason to use different color management settings?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Technically, error diffusion, bi-cubic and uni-directional will get you the highest quality.

We use the above, except bi-directional as we actually need to get jobs out the door before the sun goes down.
Uni-directional doubles the print time, whereas the other two settings only affect RIP times, so on a beefy PC don't have much of an affect on speed.

B Snyder

Which of these settings are best for the highest quality prints? has anyone played with these?

Direction: Bi-Direction / Uni-Direction

With uni-direction the print head only puts out ink as it is moving in one direction. Bi-directional means the print head is putting ink out as it moves from left to right and from right to left. Uni-direction printing should leave less chance for alignment errors. I use it when printing small text.