• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White printing looks pixelated

signnation

We have recently add an XC-540 and also use a VP 540i. When they installed the new XC all our profiles were updated on both machines and they all have an (RIPC) in front of them.

A lot of our work is the same jobs printed over and over again. For some reason some of the WHITE areas in them are printing with light gray dots or it looks pixelated. It is doing it on both machines in any profile including the oracal profile that we generally use. We have double checked the files several times and the area in issue is solid white C0 M0 Y0 K0.

Anyone experienced this?? Or have any idea how to remedy it??

Colin

Is the file you're printing a vector or a bitmap? If it's a bitmap (like a JPG) you might have one or more pixels that look white on screen, but are just off the 255/255/255 mark. All it takes is one digit less than 255 to make a gray pixel.

Just a thought.

jhanson

That's usually a profile issue. If the profile was created on a material with an off-white point, it may be trying to adjust the white point of the material by placing the dots you're seeing.